Coffered ceilings are a classical component of architecture generally used in homes to add interest to a plain ceiling, or room. A coffered ceiling involves as series of perfect square recesses in a surface, in this case a ceiling, which is often used in conjunction with crown moulding or cornice moulding to create a decorative ceiling area.
As coffered ceilings are difficult to create, and require perfect and precise components to construct, it is recommended that the components be manufactured in a shop rather than on site. This will allow you to prevent lopsided squares or mistakes.
Coffered ceiling installation process
A coffered ceiling installation will generally begin with your contractor taking a series of precise measurements, then giving them to the shop to manufacture. Many homeowners install pot-lights in addition to coffered ceilings, or use the coffered ceiling to attract attention to a lighting piece such as a chandelier or candelabra. VIP Classic Moulding will manufacture all your coffered ceiling components in our shop before installation, to ensure a perfect ceiling design.
Here is what our process looks like:
- Free consultation: From the first consultation we can provide you with an accurate estimate of cost and time, and what we can do to make your project a reality.
- Measurements: Because coffered ceiling installation is such a precise job, we ensure that the measurements we take are completely accurate and no mistakes are made before we head to the shop to manufacture components.
- Manufacturing: All the necessary components will be made in our shop, prior to installation. This way you are guaranteed accurate and well made components for your new ceiling.
- Installation: We will install your coffered ceiling in as quick a time as possible, so that you can have your finished project in a short time. Our teams are professional and always ensure to provide customers with post- construction cleanup so that your home is clean and untarnished by the construction process.
- Enjoy your new ceiling: With construction completed, you are left to enjoy your new coffered ceiling.
Coffered Ceilings Installation Services Toronto Area
Coffered ceilings uses
Coffered ceilings can be used to create a modern or traditional interior design, by matching the wood and paint used to the décor of the home. If you are planning on installing a coffered ceiling take the time to consider whether you wish to paint over your ceiling, install pot-lights, or use it to accentuate an existing lighting fixture. You may also consider installation of crown or cornice mouldings, as well as baseboards to finish the look.
VIP Classic Moulding installs, designs and manufactures the components necessary for the process of installing a coffered ceiling, meaning that when you hire our company you are getting the complete package complete with a ten-year warranty on your new ceiling. We strive to keep on-site installation quick, and leave your home in the same state it was before we came in, with the added benefit of a coffered ceiling.
Servicing Toronto and the GTA
VIP Classic Moulding offers the highest level of service when it comes to coffered ceiling installation, among our other services. To view our past coffered ceiling projects please visit out our project gallery. We serve the GTA and all surrounding regions.
VIP Classic Moulding is a company that specializes in all aspects of home and basement design, with a particular focus of mouldings, wainscoting, MDF trim work, pot-light installation and more. Our company was established in 2001 in Toronto, and has since developed into a multi-faceted design and building practise. Our teams are committed to our customers and their ideas, which is why we strive to provide compete customer satisfaction in any job we undertake, and any budget. Our company delivers the highest level of expertise and craftsmanship in any project, large or small. We are WSIB Insured, fully licenced and authorized and guarantee 100% customer satisfaction. All of our products come with a 10-year transferable warranty for your benefit. For more information about our company and what we can offer you, please call us at 416-670-8000 or visit our website for more information. We offer free estimates, references and are always happy to answer any customer inquiries about our company and services.